During the Mughal Era, the royal ladies and other women were not allowed to actively participate in court meetings and discussions. Nevertheless, they attended the meetings from behind the Jali (old Indian windows). These windows were translucent and had beautiful patterns. These patterns generally resembled a honeycomb or lattice.
This pattern is inspired by the windows of the Mughal Period. The 'screening pattern' carpets have the design of these screens (or Jali) beautifully knotted with the help of a handloom.
- Material: Wool
- Size: Please choose from the available sizes.
- Construction: Hand-knotted
- Origin: India (from Rural Area)
- Collection: Traditional
- Best for: Indoor/Outdoor use
- Pile Height: 9 mm
- Vacuum whenever needed: Keeps dirt away from getting trapped into fibers.
- Rotate occasionally: Keeps the tone uniform.
- Clean immediately: If spills occur, clean immediately but don't rub the stain.
- Use protectors with furniture: For heavy furniture(s), put protectors under the legs helps to avoid flattening and piling.
- Professional cleaning recommended after specific intervals.
Shipping and Returns
- Free Shipping worldwide. (*Local taxes may apply depending on the laws of respective countries. Have a query? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ready to dispatch in 1-3 days. Delivery may take 6-10 days.
- *15 days hassle-free returns (not applicable for the custom rug)
- Actual colors may vary slightly due to certain factors (lighting, camera settings, angle, etc.)
- No two products will be identical, leads to the uniqueness of handmade items.