This beautiful vintage silk rug is of Persian origin. It's a mid-century rug made in the 1960s and is it is hand-knotted with fine silk threads. The beauty of the silk rug is unmatched.
Silk rugs have a fine shiny finish to them and their additional knot count also adds to the time and effort put into their creation and how they feel to the touch. Its tensile strength has been used in silk warps and the silk has been used in the carpet pile.
The rug is in excellent condition and has a beautiful accent of colors with an amazing medallion.
We take these rugs from homes, museums, rug collectors, and our artisans. The rug is washed, cleaned, and the pile was further reduced to give it a further aged style. The new-look signifies the revival of the textiles that are
The neoclassical and vintage rugs from India and Persia use bold colors to make the room more cozy and vibrant.
It's almost impossible to find the same rug twice!
Why Vintage Rugs?
For a contemporary look with a vintage appeal, we source authentic vintage area rugs hand-woven in mid-century in excellent condition and carefully trim the piles to achieve an eye-catching “distressed” look. This antique and vintage rug is woven with wool.
In addition to being unique and hand-knotted, vintage rugs make a very special statement about bridging generations of artisanal skill and knowledge over time with a charming look that complements any modern or bohemian décor.
All our vintage rugs are professionally cleaned before we add them to our inventory.
- Material: Wool
- Size: 6 x 9 Feet
- Color: Multi
- Construction: Hand-knotted
- Origin: India (from Rural Area)
- Collection: Vintage
- Best for: Indoor/Outdoor use
- Pile Height: ~ 8 mm
- Vacuum whenever needed: Keeps dirt away from getting trapped into fibers.
- Rotate occasionally: Keeps the tone uniform.
- Clean immediately: If spills occur, clean immediately but don't rub the strain.
- Use protectors with furniture: For heavy furniture(s), put protectors under the legs helps to avoid flattening and piling.
- Do not pull yarn: If the thread comes out, trim it with a scissor.
- Professional cleaning is recommended after specific intervals.
Shipping and Returns
- Free Shipping worldwide. (*Local taxes may apply depending on the laws of respective countries. Have a query? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ready to dispatch in 1-3 days. Delivery may take 6-10 days.
- *15 days hassle-free returns (not applicable for the custom rug)
- Actual colors may vary slightly due to certain factors (lighting, camera settings, angle, etc.)
- No two products will be identical, leads to the uniqueness of handmade items.