The Story of Charbagh Carpet
Charbagh carpet design is having a central medallion and floral motifs with arches, represent the 'concept of paradise'. These patterns fall under the category of Charbagh (this is a Hindi Term) motif, where 'char' means Four and 'bagh' means Garden. Which basically means that there will be four gardens on the carpet. And, this is the same concept on which the Taj Mahal was built.
In religion, it is believed that there would be a day of judgment. The day when everybody, who is dead would rise from their graves. Then, god would descend and decide who is going to heaven and who is going to hell.
The kings and queens who supposedly did all the right things in their life shall always have the chance to go to heaven. A paradise is created on the earth until the day of judgment.
If we consider it from the mindset of the people come from the desert region, near Iran (Mughals). They presume a paradise, there would be a center residing place covered by gardens on all four sides. It would have the gateway for the entry of the god and supplementary garden on the outer of it.
The same is the concept of this carpet. It has the center medallion representing the residing place. The floral works represent the garden, the arches represent the gates, and the border represents the supplementary garden.
Comprising of beautiful color combinations and interesting Mughal art design patterns, this captivating piece of carpet has a personalized touch of rich Indian history. Extended durability, lavish looks, and true luxury on its own are the other few exquisite attributes of this carpet. To own the experience of this rich tradition, shop it online at reasonable prices on our online store 'The Rugs Cafe'.
- Material: Wool
- Color: Green
- Size: 4 x 6
- Construction: Hand-knotted
- Origin: India (from Rural Area)
- Collection: Traditional
- Best for: Indoor/Outdoor use
- Pile Height: ~ 9 mm
- Vacuum whenever needed: Keeps dirt away from getting trapped into fibers.
- Rotate occasionally: Keeps the tone uniform.
- Clean immediately: If spills occur, clean immediately but don't rub the stain.
- Use protectors with furniture: For heavy furniture(s), put protectors under the legs helps to avoid flattening and piling.
- Professional cleaning recommended after specific intervals.
Shipping and Returns
- Free Shipping worldwide. (*Local taxes may apply depending on the laws of respective countries. Have a query? Get in touch with us at email@example.com)
- Ready to dispatch in 1-3 days. Delivery may take 6-10 days.
- *15 days hassle-free returns (not applicable for the custom rug)
- Actual colors may vary slightly due to certain factors (lighting, camera settings, angle, etc.)
- No two products will be identical, leads to the uniqueness of handmade items.