Gol Chaand ka Galeencha: Master Piece Silk-Silver Hand-Knotted Premium Area Rug
“When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece”
This magnificent rug is one of the Masterpieces in our collection. Its design is inspired by the antique Persian artwork. Persia is famous for their general Islamic style of dense decoration, geometrically laid out into a supremely elegant and harmonious style combining motifs derived from plants. These carpets are famous for their elaborate colors and artistic design.
The rug is hand-knotted with original Silver threads. To this day, in many oriental centers where it seems that early traditions of the knowledge and the use of fabrics wholly or partly woven, ornamented, and embroidered with gold and silver have been maintained, the passion for such brilliant and costly textiles is still strong and prevalent.
Created in the 1980s, the rug took about 18 months to complete. The rug is 6 feet by 9 feet in dimensions and consists of more than 3 million knots. The pattern is made up of 21 distinct colored threads with a Center Medallion and floral patterns on the borders.
The medallion represents an open lotus blossom with 16 petals, with pointed lobes. It is placed transversely to its centerpiece in a car-touche form, like a large pendant. In each corner of the field, there appears a quarter-medallion, which has the same contour and the same appendages as the central medallion.
Floral elements have always been the most classic motifs ever designed. The floral patterns here, are being conceptualized as the symbolic devices that add grace to the carpets they adorn.
- Material: Silk & Silver
- Size: 6 x 9
- Construction: Hand-knotted
- Origin: India (from Rural Area)
- Collection: Master Rugs
- Best for: Indoor/Outdoor use
- Pile Height: ~9 mm
- Vacuum whenever needed: Keeps dirt away from getting trapped into fibers.
- Rotate occasionally: Keeps the tone uniform.
- Clean immediately: If spills occur, clean immediately but don't rub the strain.
- Use protectors with furniture: For heavy furniture(s), put protectors under the legs helps to avoid flattening and piling.
- Do not pull yarn: If the thread comes out, trim it with a scissor.
- Professional cleaning recommended after specific intervals.
Shipping and Returns
- Free Shipping worldwide. (*Local taxes may apply depending on the laws of respective countries. Have a query? Get in touch with us at email@example.com)
- Ready to dispatch in 1-3 days. Delivery may take 6-10 days.
- *15 days hassle-free returns (not applicable for the custom rug)
- Actual colors may vary slightly due to certain factors (lighting, camera settings, angle, etc.)
- No two products will be identical, leads to the uniqueness of handmade items.