The 'Herati Design' carpets are another variety of hand-knotted rugs. The name Herati stems from Herat, a quaint and ancient town in Afghanistan. The 'Herati Design' carpets originated in east-Persia.
These Persian rugs come in two styles:
- with the medallion, and
- without the medallion.
The most important and interesting characteristic of this rug is- it has a small and recurrent pattern that consists of 'two' lanceolate (shaped like a lance head) leaves with flowers in between them.
The corners of the medallion also have the same design and the same colors. This pattern is also known as 'Mahi' or 'Fish' pattern as the lanceolate leaves resemble a fish.
The 'Herati Design' rugs are one of the most aesthetic hand-knotted rugs.
Comprising of beautiful color combinations and interesting Mughal art design patterns, this captivating piece of carpet has a personalized touch of rich Indian history. Extended durability, lavish looks, and true luxury on its own are the other few exquisite attributes of this carpet. To own the experience of this rich tradition, shop it online at reasonable prices on our online store 'The Rugs Cafe'.
- Material: Wool
- Color: Red
- Size: Please select from available options
- Construction: Hand-knotted
- Origin: India (from Rural Area)
- Collection: Traditional, Round
- Best for: Indoor/Outdoor use
- Pile Height: ~ 9 mm
- Vacuum whenever needed: Keeps dirt away from getting trapped into fibers.
- Rotate occasionally: Keeps the tone uniform.
- Clean immediately: If spills occur, clean immediately but don't rub the stain.
- Use protectors with furniture: For heavy furniture(s), put protectors under the legs helps to avoid flattening and piling.
- Professional cleaning recommended after specific intervals.
Shipping and Returns
- Free Shipping worldwide. (*Local taxes may apply depending on the laws of respective countries. Have a query? Get in touch with us at email@example.com)
- Ready to dispatch in 1-3 days. Delivery may take 6-10 days.
- *15 days hassle-free returns (not applicable for the custom rug)
- Actual colors may vary slightly due to certain factors (lighting, camera settings, angle, etc.)
- No two products will be identical, leads to the uniqueness of handmade items.