The Story of Mughal Garden Carpet
Mughal garden carpet design creatively originated in 637 A.D. The carpet was designed to give the king an illusion of the spring, in the months of winter. You can observe, the carpet consists of nine different types of blocks. Each block represents the garden motif(s) of that era.
Out of these 9 blocks:
- 2 blocks represent the 'weeping willow plant'
- 1 block represents the 'tree of life' (in abstract form)
- 1 block represents the 'tree of life' in the highly decorated style with a flower and arch
- 1 block represents the inverted lotus
- 2 blocks represent the 'Millefleurs' design. Where Mille means thousand and Fleurs means flowers, that means a thousand flowers motif.
- 1 block represents the 'R' symbol of paisley design
- 1 block represents the branch of a tree
All these (or types of) blocks put together to give an illusion of the garden during the spring season. Also, the Mughal garden carpet was used for floor and wall decoration for the king.
Comprising of beautiful color combinations and interesting Mughal art design patterns, this captivating piece of carpet has a personalized touch of rich Indian history. Extended durability, lavish looks, and true luxury on its own are other few exquisite attributes of this carpet. To own the experience of this rich tradition, shop it online at reasonable prices on our online store 'The Rugs Cafe'.
- Material: Wool
- Color: Dark Blue
- Size: 5 x 7 Feet
- Construction: Hand-knotted
- Origin: India (from Rural Area)
- Collection: Traditional
- Best for: Indoor/Outdoor use
- Pile Height: ~ 9 mm
- Vacuum whenever needed: Keeps dirt away from getting trapped into fibers.
- Rotate occasionally: Keeps the tone uniform.
- Clean immediately: If spills occur, clean immediately but don't rub the stain.
- Use protectors with furniture: For heavy furniture(s), put protectors under the legs helps to avoid flattening and piling.
- Professional cleaning recommended after specific intervals.
Shipping and Returns
- Free Shipping worldwide. (*Local taxes may apply depending on the laws of respective countries. Have a query? Get in touch with us at email@example.com)
- Ready to dispatch in 1-3 days. Delivery may take 6-10 days.
- *15 days hassle-free returns (not applicable for the custom rug)
- Actual colors may vary slightly due to certain factors (lighting, camera settings, angle, etc.)
- No two products will be identical, leads to the uniqueness of handmade items.